Tuesday, March 2, 2010

January 2010






I guess we should start the year off by announcing, in case you didn't already know, that we are expecting BABY #3 in August. As both Aja and Maelee came 9 days late, i am hesitant to say the due date is August 14th...as i am thinking it may just be Aug. 23...if my math is correct?! We are very excited and also a little nervous that we will soon be outnumbered! IF, and that's a big IF, we find out the gender, it will be March 26th...so we'll keep you posted! Now, that our news has been told, we can now get back to the original title of this entry...January 2010. As my other two "first trimesters" had been complete blurs with A LOT of "getting sick"...this one proved to be just the same...lucky me, I know?! I am now officially in week 16 (march 2) and I am getting better every single day!! Thank goodness for that! When I was pregnant w/ Aja, I was teaching and coaching, so it was very tiring to say the least. When I was pregnant w/ Maelee, I had Aja to keep up with and now...well let's just say Maelee has JUST AS MUCH energy as Aja...so you can imagine it's been just as tiring this time around! So...January, a blur...what did we do besides hang out around the house while i tried to "not" get sick...mind you January was absolutely FREEZING here! The very last day of December, my dear sweet Grandmother passed away. She was 90 years old. It was a long good-bye, but also a sweet one. She was very loved and I am glad to say that she was the very first person I told that we were pregnant! She definitely kept my secret and I know that she is watching out for me and our unborn little one! I love you Grambo! The funeral was at the beginning of January and I held it together pretty well to say the readings at the mass...part of me thinks I held it together because i was feeling so sick with "morning" sickness that I didn't have enough energy to fully cry like I would have...don't get me wrong, i did cry, just felt more numb than anything. I miss you still Grambo and will never forget you! What else in January? Basically, with the weather being sooo cold, we stayed inside most days that Aja didn't have school. We kept busy doing art projects, coloring, reading books and playing dress-up. Aja is now totally into all the princesses, which has been a nice little change from Dorothy Gale of Kansas! We celebrated Grammy's birthday at the end of the month and Aja even got to go to the dentist, which she LOVES! Oh...how could I forget? On Aaron's birthday, which is January 3rd (which everyone seems to forget b/c it comes so quick after all the holidays), baby Sam was born to my best friend Kim and her husband John. He is now 8 weeks old and oh so cute! Happy birthday to Sam AND Aaron!

1 comment:

The Ollies said...

Hey Jenni! Congrats on #3! How could you have enough patience to NOT find out what you're having?! Glad to see you're back in the blog-o-sphere again. I am so bad about keeping in touch. As far as blogging, I just write about stuff when I feel like it and if I skip over some (or a lot) of things, that's okay. Something is better than nothing and it's always great to hear what you're up to!